Using Our Services through an Organization
We act only as its service provider. Please note that your organization's administrator may be able to:
- require you to reset your account password;
- restrict, suspend or terminate your access to the Services;
- access information in and about your account;
- access or retain information stored as part of your account;
- change the email address associated with your account;
- change your information, including profile information; and
- restrict your ability to edit, restrict, modify, or delete information.
Please contact your organization or refer to your administrator's organizational policies for more information.
What Personal Information We Collect
We collect your personal information when you give it to us, through automatic collection when you use the Services.
Information you give us
Personal information you give us may include:
- Basic account and profile information. We collect information about you when you create or modify your account, such as your name, title, email, password, address, phone or fax numbers, and other contract details.
- Profile information. You may be able to set preferences in your account, such as display preferences in the Services and your communications and marketing preferences.
- Feedback and correspondence. You may share information with us when you use interactive features of the Services. We also collect information you share with us when you report a problem about the Services, receive customer support, or otherwise interact with us.
- Sensitive personal data. We will never ask you to send us or submit to the Services any information related to racial or ethnic origin; political opinions, religion or other beliefs; your health, biometric or genetic information; or information about your criminal background or union membership. We caution you against giving us this information, but if you do, you consent to the processing of that information in accordance with this policy. If you do not consent, you may not submit this information through the Services or otherwise give us this information.
Information we collect automatically
- Logs. We may automatically log information about you and your computer or mobile device when you use our sites, such as your connection type and settings, IP address, browser type and language, operating system, the referring web page, search terms, pages visited, links clicked, time and duration of visits, your mobile carrier, device identifiers, and crash data. We also use your IP address to log your approximate location.
- Cookies and Similar Technologies. Cookies are small data files stored on your computer or mobile device by a website that transmit information about your use of the site to its operator or to third parties that placed the cookie. We may collect information using cookies or similar technologies such as web beacons, device identifiers and pixels to provide functionality and recognize you across our sites. We may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer or mobile device until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our sites.
- Essential Cookies. These cookies are essential to provide you with services available through our sites and to enable you to use some of its features. Without these cookies, the services that you have asked for cannot be provided, and we only use these cookies to provide you with those services.
- Functionality Cookies. These cookies allow our sites to remember choices you make when you use our sites. The purpose of these cookies is to provide you with a more personal experience and to avoid you having to re-select your preferences every time you visit our sites.
- Analytics and Performance Cookies. These cookies are used to collect information about traffic to our sites and how users use our sites. We use this information to help operate our sites more efficiently and improve our sites. We use Google Analytics for this purpose. Google Analytics uses its own cookies. You can find out more information about Google Analytics cookies here and about how Google protects your data here. You can prevent the use of Google Analytics relating to your use of our sites by downloading and installing the browser plugin available here.
- Disabling cookies. Most browsers let you remove or reject cookies. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your computer or mobile device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. If you do not accept our cookies, you may experience some inconvenience on our sites.
- Do Not Track Signals. Some Internet browsers may be configured to send "Do Not Track" signals to the online services that you visit. We do not currently respond to do-not-track signals. To learn more about "Do Not Track," please visit www.allaboutdnt.com.
Information from third-party sources
- Your organization. If you use the Service though an organization, we may receive your contact details or other information from that organization.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide the Services.We use your personal information to provide and support the Services.
- To communicate with you about the Services. We use your contact information to send transactional communications via email and within the Services, including confirming your purchases, responding to your comments, questions and requests, providing customer support, and sending you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and administrative messages. These communications are part of the Services and in most cases you cannot opt out of them. If opting out is available, you will find that option within the communication itself or in your account settings.
- To send you marketing communications. Subject to legal restrictions, we use your contact information and information about how you use the Services to send promotional communications that may be of specific interest to you, including by email. We also communicate with you about new product offers, promotions and contests. You can unsubscribe from these communications as described below under "Opt out of marketing communications."
- To comply with law. We use your personal information as we believe necessary or appropriate to comply with applicable laws, lawful requests and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities.
- With your consent. We may use or share your personal information with your consent, such as when you subscribe to our newsletter. In this example your email and name information will be shared with our email distribution service.
- For research and development. We are always looking for ways to improve our Services and make them more useful. We study how users use our Services and the feedback they provide to troubleshoot and to identify trends, usage, activity patterns, and areas for improvement of the Services. In some cases, we apply these learnings across our Services to improve and develop similar features or to better integrate the services you use.
- To create aggregated or anonymous data for analytics. We may create aggregated and other anonymous data derived from the use of our Services. We make personal information into anonymous data by removing information that makes the data personally identifiable, and we use that anonymous data to operate, understand, and improve our products and services and for other lawful business purposes.
- For security, compliance, fraud prevention and safety. We use your personal information as we believe necessary or appropriate in connection with our information security activities; to enforce our Terms of Service; to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, or that of you or others; to investigate and protect against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical, or illegal activity; and in connection with legal claims.
How We Share Your Personal Information
- Service Providers. We may employ third-party companies or individuals to provide services that support the Services (such as order processing, customer support, hosting, backup, storage, payment processing, website analytics, and email delivery). If a service provider needs access to your personal information to perform these services, they do so only in accordance with our instructions and safeguards to protect your information.
- Couriers. We share your contact details with FedEx, DHL and other third-party couriers to deliver your orders.
- Compliance with laws and security, compliance, fraud prevention and safety. We may disclose information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as required by law, lawful requests, and legal process. We also disclose information as we believe necessary or appropriate for the security, compliance, fraud prevention, and safety purposes described above.
- Business Transfers. We may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of our business or assets, including your personal information, in connection with a business deal (or potential business deal) such as a merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization, or sale of assets or in the event of bankruptcy.
Your Choices for Managing Your Personal Information
Access, Update, Correct or Delete Your Information
All ChemDiv registered users may review, update, correct, or delete the personal information in their profiles within their profile settings. Registered users may also contact us (or if you use the Services through an organization, your administrator) to request deletion of their accounts. If you decline to provide us with, or request deletion of, information designated in the Services as mandatory or required, we may be unable to provide the Services or parts of the Services to you and may close your account.
Opt out of marketing communications
You may opt out of marketing-related communications by changing your account settings, by following the unsubscribe link in the message, or by contacting us. You may continue to receive service-related and other non-marketing communications.
Security of Your Personal Information
While we use transport layer security (TLS) encryption on our sites and a number of other technical and administrative measures to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, disclosure, or destruction, security risk is inherent in all internet and information technologies and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
How We Transfer Personal Information Internationally
ChemDiv is headquartered in the United States and has employees and service providers in other countries. We and our affiliates and service providers may use and store your personal information in the United States or other locations outside of your country of residence, where privacy laws may not be as protective as the laws where you live.
Other Important Privacy Information
Our Services may link to or be integrated with other websites and services operated by third parties, including suppliers. These links and integrations are not endorsements of, or representations that we are affiliated with, any third party. We do not control third-party websites, applications or services and we are not responsible for their actions. Third-party websites and services follow different rules regarding their collection, use, and sharing of your personal information. Please contact us if you wish to know more. In using any links from our Services, ChemDiv does not share any personal information with the sites you may link to.
Our Services are not directed to children under 16. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us and we will take steps to delete the child's information.
Changes to this policy
We may modify this policy at any time and will post any modifications to this page. If we make material changes to the policy we will provide a more prominent notice within the Service or by sending you an email. Any modifications to this policy will be effective when posted (or as otherwise indicated at the time of posting).
Important Information for Residents in the European Economic
The following information applies to users in the European Economic Area (EEA), provided that we are the controller of their personal information as described below.
If you use the Services through your employer or another organization, your organization is the controller of your personal information and all questions or requests regarding your rights under European data protection legislation (including the rights described under Your rights below) or the processing of your personal information, should be directed to the organization. ChemDiv is the organization's processor and uses your personal information only as instructed by the organization.
If you do not use the Services through an organization, ChemDiv, Inc. is the controller of your personal information and can be reached using the contact details in the Contact Us section above.
References to "personal information" in this policy are equivalent to "personal data" governed by European data protection legislation.
Cross-border data transfer
In the event that we transfer your personal information out of the EEA to countries not deemed by the European Commission to provide an adequate level of protection for personal information, the transfer will be based on safeguards recognized by the European Commission as providing adequate protection, where required by EU data protection legislation. Please contact us to request further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal information out of the EEA.
You may ask us to take the following actions in relation to your personal information that we hold:
- Access: Provide you with information about our processing of your personal information and give you access to your personal information.
- Correct: Update or correct inaccuracies in your personal information.
- Delete: Delete your personal information.
- Transfer: Transfer a machine-readable copy of your personal information to you or a third party of your choice.
- Restrict: Restrict the processing of your personal information.
- Object: Object to our reliance on our legitimate interests as the legal basis of our processing your personal information, where that processing adversely impacts your legal rights.
You may send us these requests by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we process your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.