Regional Sales Director
Regional Sales Director, USA should possess a strong business development and deal-making background in addition to good knowledge of drug discovery and development processes, as well as experience at successful networking, proposal generation and deal closing. This position requires ability to work independently as well as excellent communication, relationship building and cross-functional team operating skills.
Specific Duties Include:
Reporting to the Head of BD, you will be responsible for the development and extension of service relationships with new and existing clients in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology sector within USA. You will develop, maintain and deliver your sales strategy designed to increase the company’s market share in a very competitive industry. This position will see you meeting with new and existing clients to promote a bespoke portfolio of services and products that can be modified to fit the client’s requirements.
- Researching and identifying potential new clients
- Communicating with prospective new clients to introduce capabilities and experience in an effort to create new business relationships.
- Developing, leading, and participating in both general capability and proposal presentations to potential clients
- Qualifying leads and creating proposals in conjunction with assigned Scientific and Operations staff input
- Developing and maintaining existing client relationships with assigned strategic accounts, collaborating with Scientific and Operations staff as required to ensure client satisfaction with company’s services
Required Skills and Experience Include:
- BS/MS/PhD/MD in biomedical sciences Chemistry, Biology, Pharmacology, Toxicology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology or related area.
- Must be eager to travel across USA, be very energetic, creative, organized and detail-oriented
- Direct experience of at least 2-3 years
- Demonstrated success and track record at networking, identifying and managing projects
- Fluency in English required; other European languages are a beneficial
- Documented selling experience Internationally
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically. Must be self motivated and results oriented
- Balance of science and business knowledge associated with drug discovery is plus to candidate
- Experience in developing business proposals and tracking measureable objectives and assigning clear accountability for delivery by cross-functional teams research environment
- Demonstrated ability and eagerness to work under pressure and at the front lines of dynamic environment
- Should have international work experience with strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and ability to accomplish the described duties through the use of Microsoft Office