Regenerative Medicine Focused Library
Regenerative Medicine is the branch of medicine that develops methods to regrow, repair or replace damaged or diseased cells, organs or tissues.
The goal of regenerative medicine is to support, stimulate, and enhance the body’s natural healing capabilities,
and to help repair defects that would not normally heal on their own.
• The best chance of success is autologous approach where patients provide their own cells for their own therapy.
This therapy helping stimulate the damaged cells to regenerate.
• The particular success has been seen in promoting accelerated healing in the joints and spinal discs. These
treatments can help patients in relieving their pain, restoring their function, and helping to avoid surgery.
Publications1) The small molecule ISRIB reverses the effects of eIF2α phosphorylation on translation and stress granule assembly.
Sidrauski et al. eLife 2015; 4:e05033. DOI: 10.7554/eLife.05033
2) Inhibition of the integrated stress response reverses cognitive deficits after traumatic brain injury. Chou et al. PNAS
2017; 114 (31) E6420-E6426. DOI: 10.1073/pnas.1707661114
3) Experimental Evidence Shows Salubrinal, an eIF2α Dephosphorylation Inhibitor, Reduces Xenotoxicant-Induced
Cellular Damage. Matsuoka M. et al. Int. J. Mol. Sci. 2015; 16, 16275-16287. DOI: 10.3390/ijms16071627.
4) Safety of Nicergoline as an Agent for Management of Cognitive Function Disorders. Saletu B. et al. BioMed Research
International 2014; Article ID 610103, 6 pages. DOI: 10.1155/2014/610103.
5) Natural Cognitive Enhancers. Tabassum N. et al. Journal of Pharmacy Research 2012; 5(1),153-160.
6) Proteins and small molecules for cellular regenerative medicine. Green E.M. et al. Physiol Rev. 2013; 93(1):311-25.
7) Small Molecules Targeting in Vivo Tissue Regeneration. Längle D. et al. ACS Chem. Biol. 2014; 9, 57−71. DOI:
8) Small molecules and small molecule drugs in regenerative medicine. Lu B. et al. Drug Discovery Today 2013; 19(6),
801-808. DOI: 10.1016/j.drudis.2013.11.011.
9) Drug-induced modulation of gp130 signalling prevents articular cartilage degeneration and promotes repair. Shkhyan R.
et al. Ann Rheum Dis 2018; 0:1–10. DOI: 10.1136/annrheumdis-2017-212037.
10) Re-education begins at home: an overview of the discovery of in vivo-active small molecule modulators of endogenous
stem cells. Um J. et al. Expert Opinion on Drug Discovery 2018; 20 pages. DOI: 10.1080/17460441.2018.1437140.
11) ChEMBL database version ChEMBL25 https://www.ebi.ac.uk/chembl/